LP science teacher bids us a fond farewell

In+a+previous+career%2C+Baugher+was+famous+for+posing+for+mug+shots+when+the+actual+suspect+couldn%27t+be+bothered+to+sit+for+one.+
In a previous career, Baugher was famous for posing for mug shots when the actual suspect couldn't be bothered to sit for one.

Kelly Baugher, Lake Park Teacher

Wow! How times go by so fast. I came to Lake Park as a neophyte and now I am a dinosaur.

Throughout my time here I have always taught Chemistry, but at a few different levels, some that don’t even exist anymore. I have always enjoyed teaching and taking on difficult curriculum, so it is appropriate that I end by teaching Honors Chemistry and AP Chemistry.

How lucky I am to have such awesome and dedicated colleagues and peers. I have been fortunate to have great support staff and administrators. All of these make for a great work experience.

Most importantly, however, are the terrific young people I have met during my 29 years at Lake Park. I have been a “tough” teacher in many ways and these students and former students have always made me proud by taking on the challenge and exceeding my expectations. I like to have fun in my classes, but also buckle down and get work done.

The students at this school have adjusted to my teaching style, and performed magnificently. I regret not living closer to the school, so I could be more involved in activities, but I did coach earlier (when I had more energy).

People say if you love what you do, it isn’t really like a job. I would like to add to this that if you give students constant feedback, they will emerge stronger and better.

I hope everyone’s dreams come true and they dream big. Best of luck and I will miss you all.