“Ask Sarah” advice column debuts

Sarah Abraham, Staff Reporter

From pimples to crushes and everything in between, high school is so rough. Juggling school, work and extracurriculars is no ordinary feat. But sometimes, life’s hardest problems can’t be solved by yourself.

Or even by adults.

So just ask Sarah.

The answers to all your pressing teenage issues can probably be answered by another teenager. Starting next month, the Perspective will be running my column, in which I answer all questions thrown at me by you, the student body of Lake Park, about high school and all its attendant struggles and conflicts.

This column is the result of both my own perspective and initiative, and the result of my badgering Mr. Long for two weeks straight about it until he finally barked at me, “Look, whoever you are, if I let you write this thing will you leave me alone?”

So right there, as you can see, is my experience in dealing with authority. Feel free to ask about that too.

If you’re not convinced, I get it. You may be wondering what qualifications I have. From reading every WebMD article out there, all the self help books in the world and watching a bunch of Youtube, I’d say I’m pretty well rounded.

Maybe you’re worried that your deepest, darkest secrets will be exposed to the entire school. But I believe that privacy is the best policy. This column will be 100 percent anonymous.

Maybe you’re wondering what you can send in. Well just about anything. If there is something that I don’t know how to answer, I’ve got multiple colleagues who could offer their input. Every answer you get will be answered by a professional relating to that topic.

Asking for help could be the hardest step in resolving an issue but luckily for you, the answer is just a few clicks away. In order to get a response, email me at [email protected] with your questions.

All the questions will be answered in the next issue of the Lake Park Perspective, so let me know what’s on your mind.