Lancers take in l’expérience française

Seth Caines, Staff Writer

Lake Park’s French 2-4 students went on the French Exchange from March 21-April 2. This trip allowed devoted French students to learn about the culture while practicing their French.

The students spent 13 days and 11 nights in France. The first 11 days were spent in the city of Lille, a town in northeastern France right by the border between France and Belgium. For the last 2 days, the students spent their time in a hotel.

“The trip was so much fun” said Junior Sammie Vandergriff, “My favorite place was definitely Gent, Belgium. I loved going shopping with all my friends and eating Belgian chocolate.”

The French students made sure to visit the major landmarks like The Louvre, The Champs-Elysées, Château de Versailles, the Resistance Museum, and The Parliamentarian museum,

While the students were on their trip, they stayed in the homes of their French exchange students. The Lake Park students also went to classes with the French students at their school “La Croix Blanche”.

Madame Del Fiacco, AP French teacher and the French Exchange coordinator, said “I felt that our Lancers were well received by their host families. I feel that the host families seem to have gone out of their way to provide a positive and fun environment.

“I think that the time our students spent in the French school was beneficial in many ways. The excursions were well organized, fun, and interesting for our students,” she said.

As the French Exchange students came back from their trip in France, they had many fun memories that they could share with the students.

“I loved immersing myself in the French culture” Vandergriff said “I loved all the experiences that I had on the trip, good and bad, and I hope that other people get to experience the same things I was able to experience.”

Though this year’s French exchange is now over, Lake Park will we doing another exchange in 2020!