Teen rom-com realistic, engrossing

Bailey Rezman, Staff Writer

In case you’ve been living under a rock, the teenage population has fallen in love with the movie To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before. That’s why you have probably seen Noah Centineo popping all over your Instagram feed and trying to figure out how or why Peter Kavinsky was trending on twitter for approximately two days.

And you might be asking yourself what is this movie and why do I care? Well the short answer is you should and watch it for it for yourself and you’ll see why.

Although the plot line is nothing short of cliché, it has invoked a cult following because of its relatable characters, comedic timing, and swoonworthy romantic moments.

Cute boys and romance, sign me up!

The story follows Lara Jean Covey, our protagonist. She is a junior in high school and is nothing short of quiry and clumsy. Just like any of us she has crushes, five to be exact. Lucas from Homecoming, Kenny from camp, John Ambrose from model U.N, Peter from 7th grade and Josh the boy next door.

Well Lara Jean is currently in love with Josh but there’s one problem that’s her sister’s boyfriend (Margot) . The two were friends before Josh even started dating Margot, but Lara Jean’s feelings never went away. Whenever she has one of these crushes she writes a letter to them but never mails them so that she’s intact of her own feelings. Except one day these letters get mailed out to every single one of the boys gets them, including Josh.

To protect herself and to hide her feelings away from Josh, Peter one of the receivers of her letters, pretends to fake date Lara Jean. For one thing to another you can probably figure out how this goes. From Korean yogurt, to dinner scenes,and hot tubs, this movie is the ultimate teen dream.

Well after watching it for a third time I could say that I have indeed fallen in love with Peter Kavinsky with Lara Jean. The reason why it has taken over the world is that it’s not trying to be something it’s not. It’s the movie we deserve, that makes the characters relatable and while keeping the storyline genuine.

It doesn’t give unrealistic and unhealthy relationship standards like the other Netflix Original movie, The Kissing Booth. This movie deserves all the praise and popularity it has received. So if your not busy this weekend, take the chance to take a watch for the teen romance, or for at least Noah Centineo!