Perspective Editors bid farewell to LP

Back to Article
Back to Article

Perspective Editors bid farewell to LP

Seth Caines and Jenna Hanson

Being a new student has opened my eyes to the difference in education. Once a student in Iowa, moving to Illinois was one of the factors that made my eyes open. It wasn’t just the people–it was the environment and the way that the school was run.

The security but also the freedom that Lake Park gives its students. The freedom of mannerisms and how everyone is their own person. When I walked in the first day, I was unsure of what to expect because I saw a new form of diversity. A new world and ultimately a new group of friends. Lake Park has opened my eyes to the way that people are and they way that they can develop over time as well, through conflict and smiles. I have understood that not everyone will be like how you met them without changes. Some more gradual than others. Life goes on and people change, but something that will never change is the memory of them. People react differently to things, making views change and ultimately changing relationships.

Thank you, Lake Park for showing me who people are and what they can do.  –Jenna Hanson

Lake Park High School has given me the best four years of my life. Between the fact that I have met some of my best friends at this school and also was able to get a solid education makes me proud to say that I’m going to be a future Lancer Alumni. Yes, the cookies downgraded during the transition between East and West Campus, but the compassion for the students was still evident. Lake Park has brought the best version of myself out, teaching me to have patience with others who I may not see eye to eye with.

Some teachers that I would like to commend are Mrs. Pierce and Madame Del Fiacco because they have both been influential in my own educational career. Lake Park has given me memories that will last a lifetime and I can’t wait to see where I will run into my peers again in the future. –Seth Caines