Dance to express, not to impress

Shana Jose, Perspective Editor

Lake Park High School’s very own Dance Ensemble is an organization known for its homecoming performance during the pep rally and their yearly spring showcase. The amazing performances are led by Taylor Severino, Erin Browski, and Alexandra Hamilton.

Dance Ensemble is currently making arrangements toward the big spring show in April. The preparations for the show emerges with auditions that happen prior to winter break, where choreographers and dancers put forth individual talents. Following this, dancers settle into appropriate dances based on their current abilities.

Practices begin at the start of February until April, where these students will be taking the time to achieve their overall goal of leaving the audience speechless. This will definitely be made possible with the various styles of dances that are presented. They include Hip-Hop, Bollywood, Lyrical, Jazz, Contemporary, and more.

Coming from a dancer’s point of view, Kayla Abraham, sophomore dancer, talks of her experience in being a part of the club.

“Dance ensemble was a wonderful experience because I was able to spend time with all different types of people that share the same interest as me. I think it is a great opportunity to join because it is open to all people, and I know it was an unforgettable experience for me as I made the best memories out of it. I cannot wait to see what is in store for this year!”

To get an audience perspective, Yomna Ibrahim, senior, shares her experience after going to the show in April of 2019. “I was amazed to see the talent that my peers had, in that I never expected it from them. It was really entertaining and mesmerizing to see the dancers move in such complex manners so smoothly. I literally couldn’t take my eyes off the stage. I will definitely be attending the next show and cheering my friends on!”

This year’s show will be held on Thursday and Friday, April 17th and 18th in the West Campus auditorium. For more questions, contact Taylor Severino or Erin Browski at West Campus or Alexandra Hamilton at East Campus.