New superintendent to lead LP this fall

Sahana Garrett, Perspective Editor

Lake Park High School District 108 Board of Education has unanimously voted to appoint Dr. Jeff Feucht as the district’s new superintendent effective July 1, 2020.

Dr. Feucht has served Assistant Superintendent for Educational Services in Glenbard High School District 87 since 2012. He will replace Lynn Panega, who is retiring after 16 years at Lake Park, with the past 10 as superintendent. With his appointment, Dr. Feucht becomes the seventh District 108 superintendent.

Before his position as Assistant Superintendent, he served as Assistant Principal for Instruction at Glenbard West High school from 2009 to 2012.

Before his tenure at Glenbard, Dr. Feucht taught for 11 years at Bartlett High School, teaching both Social Studies and English while serving in leadership roles at both the school and district level in the second largest district in Illinois.

“Dr. Feucht demonstrated communication, leadership and interpersonal skills that ranked high in our superintendent search survey,” school board President Barbara Layer said in a written statement.

“The board of education is confident that he brings a student-centered vision that will make him an asset to our entire Lancer community,” she said.

Dr. Feucht received his bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, graduating in 1998 with high honors. He earned a master’s degree in Educational Leadership from Aurora University in 2001, and earned a doctorate degree in the same from Aurora University in 2011.

“As someone who has served over two decades of my career in two neighboring districts, I am well aware of the reputation Lake Park has for its tradition of excellence. I am truly humbled and honored to be assuming this leadership role,” Feucht said. “I look forward to partnering with the staff, parents, and greater community in continuing to provide an exemplary education for Lancer students.”

Community members have the chance to meet Feucht at a meet-and-greet in the student cafeteria at Lake Park High School East Campus January 27.