Dance Ensemble spring show a work in progress

Shana Jose, Perspective Editor

When the Perspective went to press, Dance Ensemble was preparing for their annual spring showcase in the West Campus auditorium mid-April. 

It is unknown at present what will happen with it, but the skill, drive and determination fueling it isn’t going anywhere any time soon. 

Sponsored and supervised by Erin Browski, Taylor Severino, Alexandra Hamilton, the preparations for this show began in December where auditions were held. Choreographers and dancers brought their talents to the table and were placed into dances according to skill and were notified of the dance they were placed in the following January.

This year, the show will have many different styles presented. This includes Lyrical, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Bollywood, Contemporary, and some others. 

When asked what impact dance ensemble has had on her, Lake Park 2019 graduate Amisha Mahajan stated, “Dance Ensemble is definitely one of the things I miss most from my high school experience. Although I joined only my junior year, dance ensemble definitely made a huge impact on my high school career overall. I met so many new people and formed many new connections, many of whom I still keep in touch with a lot of them today. It was also a break from all the academic stress that took place, and moreover a place to just relax and have fun! I highly recommend anyone to join, even if it is your senior year! If not, come to the show! ” 

From an audience member’s perspective, Yomna Ibrahim, senior at Lake Park, talks of her experience from watching the show in 2019. “It was such a fantastic show! I always knew my best friend could dance, but seeing her and many of my classmates up on stage dancing was mind-blowing. I did NOT know she could move like that! It was so impressive to watch the various styles that were being presented. I couldn’t take my eyes off the stage, and I guarantee that if you attend, you won’t be able to either! I recommend you all come out and watch the show this April!”

Pre-sale tickets are five dollars while they are six dollars at the door. All funds are going to Ann and Robert H. Lurie’s Hospital of Chicago. For any further questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact Alexandra Hamilton, Erin Browski, or Taylor Severino.